Macadamia ShortbreadPrep: 10 min Cook: 20-25 min Servings: 20by BearNakedBaker123 recipes>
For more fun sandwich them together with lemon marmalade...
- 6 oz salted dry-roasted macadamia nuts (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375Â°F with rack in middle.
- Toast nuts in a 4-sided sheet pan in oven until golden, 8 to 10 minutes, then cool and coarsely chop. Leave oven on.
- Stir together butter, sugars, vanilla, and salt in a bowl with a rubber spatula until combined well. Stir in flour, nuts, and chocolate until a soft dough forms.
- With floured fingers, pat dough into a 10-inch square (about 1/2 inch thick) on a baking sheet. Score into desired size with tip of a knife. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- I used a pastry cutter.
- Cool on baking sheet 10 minutes, then cut into wedges (while still warm) with a sharp knife. Transfer to a rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Leave a review or comment