Low Carb Banana PuddingPrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 8by Gabrielle Nicole1 recipe>
An old favorite with less of the carbs! Use these nutrition facts instead of Cook Eat Share's! Nutrition Facts Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 196 Total Fat: 9.47 g Cholesterol: 59 mg Sodium: 121 mg Total Carbs: 26.34 g Sugars: 5.21 g Protein: 3.63 g
- 1/3 cup Flour, white
- 3/4 cup, Apriva or Splenda
- 1/4 tsp Salt, table
- 2 large Eggs, yolk, raw, lightly beaten
- 2½ cup(s) Milk, Hood® Calorie Countdown, 2% (or skim)
- 3 Tbsp Smart Balance® Buttery Spread
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 24 Murray® 's sugar-free vanilla wafers
- 2 large Banana(s), sliced
- 2 cup(s) Topping, whipped, sugar-free, thawed
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, Apriva and salt in a 2-quart saucepan. Combine egg yolks and milk; stir with a whisk. Gradually add egg mixture to dry ingredients, stirring well. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 12 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and vanilla, stirring until butter melts.
- Place 12 vanilla wafers in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Arrange one-half of banana over cookies. Spoon one-half of pudding mixture over banana; repeat procedure with remaining cookies, banana and pudding, ending with pudding. Spoon whipped topping over pudding and spread evenly. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Leave a review or comment