Low Calorie and Delish, Coq au VinPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
This is a wonderful low calorie and low fat version of the French classic chicken dish. The French pronunciation is kɔk o vɛ̃. It’s so easy and straightforward. I’ve served it many times and everyone loves it. My version uses white wine instead of red wine, which creates a lighter tasting sauce and is cooked on the stove top instead of the oven. The skinny for 1 serving, 234 calories, 3 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. A regular recipe has 572 calories and 30 grams of fat. It smells so wonderful while cooking and is truly a gourmet treasure.
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-inch chunks
- A little salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Add chicken chunks to a bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper and toss with flour.
- Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add chicken, brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil. Saute mushrooms, carrots and tomato paste over medium-high heat. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add wine and broth and deglaze the pan. Continue to simmer for about 8 minutes until reduced by half. Add thyme sprigs and chicken. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in onions and peas and simmer for about 3-5 minutes more until onions and peas are heated through.
- Makes 4 servings (about 1½ cups for each serving)
Leave a review or comment