Low Cal Green Apple And Jicama Slaw
- 1 lrg Red bell pepper, roasted, seeded and peeled
- 3 x Green apples
- 2 med Jicama
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh parsley, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Tarragon vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. Rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Honey Salt White pepper, freshly grnd
- Roast, peel and seed red pepper and cut into julienne strips. Peel, core and cut apples into matchstick -size pcs. Peel and cut jicama into matchsticks.
- Combine red pepper, apple, jicama, parsley, vinegars, honey, salt and white pepper. Toss till well mixed. Serve cool and crispy.
- Lou's note: I didn't have tarragon vinegar, so I used balsamic vinegar. I supposed other kinds could be used as well. This was a lovely salad that we had with the Drunken Shrimp.
- NOTES :Houston's finest restaurants, by Ann Criswell. This one is from DeVille in the Four Seasons Hotel.
Leave a review or comment