Linguini With Scallops, Shrimp And Roasted Vegetables
- 1/2 lb Fresh whole medium shrimp, (225 gm)
- 1/2 lb Shelled bay scallops, (225 gm)
- 1 1/4 tsp Light extra virgin olive oil with a dash of toasted sesame oil
- 1 x Full garlic, roasted and mashed
- 6 x Roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp Fresh marjoram leaves
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Arrowroot mixed with a tsp water, (slurry)
- 1 Tbsp. Plus 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 med Zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and crosswise
- 8 ounce Uncooked linguini, (225 gm)
- 3 med Red bell peppers, roasted and cut in wide strips
- 3/4 tsp Dry dill weed
- 1/4 c. Balsamic vinegar Coarsely grnd black pepper
- Peel, clean and remove the tails from the shrimp. Remove the muscle from the scallops (if taken whole from the shell) and pat the scallops dry with a paper towel.
- Pour 1/2 tsp of the oil into a small skillet and fry the garlic for 1 minute. Place the tomatoes in a plastic bag and press gently till squished. Add in the tomatoes, marjoram and red chilli flakes to the garlic and cook, covered, for 8 min. Remove from the heat and mash through a sieve - a nice, spicy marinara sauce.
- Transfer to a saucepan, bring to a boil, remove from the heat, stir in the arrowroot slurry, return to the heat, and bring to a boil to thicken and clear, about 30 seconds. Stir in 1 tbsp of the lemon juice and keep the sauce hot.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions just before you go to the next step. Drain and keep hot.
- Pour 1/2 tsp of the oil into a large skillet and get it smoking warm. Add in the shrimp, toss till an even pink throughout, then transfer to a plate.
- Pour 1/4 tsp of the oil into the same skillet on high heat and fry the scallops for 1 minute. Add in the cooked shrimp, 1/2 tsp of the dill weed, the remaining 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and the roasted pepper strips. Toss well.
- To serve, make a small linguine nest in the middle of each serving plate.
- Arrange the scallops and shrimp inside and the vegetables around the outside. Spoon an even amount of sauce over each serving and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 tsp of dill weed, the balsamic vinegar and freshly grnd pepper.
Leave a review or comment