Lemon Yogurt Tea Cakes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 med. sized lemons
- 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking pwdr
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 c. light corn oil spread (1 stick)
- 1 (8 ounce) container nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 c. thawed, frzn egg substitute or possibly 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- About 45 min before serving or possibly early in day: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray ten 4 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans or possibly 3 inch by 1 1/2 inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. From lemons, grate peel and squeeze 2 tbsp juice.In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking pwdr, baking soda and salt. With pastry blender or possibly two knives used scissor fashion, cut in corn oil spread till mix resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in yogurt, egg substitute, lemon extract, lemon peel and lemon juice just till flour is moistened; spoon batter into loaf pans or possibly muffin pan cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 min till toothpick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Immediately remove cakes from pans; serve tea cakes warm. Or possibly, cool them on wire rack to serve later. Makes 10. Each: About 265 calories, 7 g fat, negligible cholesterol, 200 mg sodium.
- Or possibly use eighteen 2 1/2 x 1 1/4 inch muffin pan cups; bake 15 to 18 min.
- (I've made these they are great!)
Leave a review or comment