Lemon Limoncello BarsPrep: 15 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 24by SquirrelBakes1 recipe>
Buttery shortbread crust with a smooth and tart lemon and limoncello filling.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 and 1/2 cup granualted sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup limoncello
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and line 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- For the crust, cream butter and sugar till smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour and salt, then add to butter mixture just until combined.
- Dump the dough onto a floured surface and gather into a ball.
- Flatten dough into pan, building up on the edges.
- Chill if time permits.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let crust cool on wire rack.
- For the filling, whisk together eggs, sugar, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, and limoncello.
- Pour filling into cooled crust and bake for 35 minutes.
- The filling should be set at this point.
- Let cool at room temperature, cut, and dust with confections' sugar.
Leave a review or comment