Lee Roy Selmon's Restaurant Recipe for Corn Casserole
This is one of most requested side items at Lee Roy Selmon's. I believe its popularity lies in its simplicity and blending of familiar flavors and ingredients. The hot sauce gives the dish a little spark to balance the sweetness. as posted by Chef David Del Rio
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 -17 oz can of cream style corn
- 1 -17 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 oz ( ½ cup) melted butter (Plus a little for the casserole dish)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
- 1- 8.5 oz package Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
- Butter a 2 qt casserole dish and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Sprinkle the Jiffy mix over the combined ingredients and fold in with a spatula. Do not beat the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow casserole to rest 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a review or comment