Lasagna Rolls With Egg Plant Sauce
- 8 x Lasagna noodles
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Eggplant (about 1 lb), cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 1/2 c. Fat-free onion-garlic flavored pasta sauce
- 3/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 c. Part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. Light Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. Bottled roasted red pepper, minced
- 1/4 c. Fresh basil, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, grated
- 1/8 tsp Grnd black pepper
- 4 Servings at $1.43 each.
- Prep: 15 min. Cook: 12 min. Bake: at 450-F for 15 min.
- 1. Heat oven to 450-F. Cook lasagna according to package directions. Drain; rinse with hot water.
- 2. meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in eggplant; partially cover and cook 6 to 8 min, till eggplant is just tender. Stir in pasta sauce and pepper flakes; heat through.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine ricotta, 1/4 c. mozzarella, roasted red pepper, 2 Tbsp. basil, 1 Tbsp. Parmesan and black pepper in bowl.
- 4. Spread eggplant sauce over bottom of 9-inch-square baking dish. Spread generous 2 Tbsp. cheese mix down length of each noodle. Roll up; place, seam side down, in dish. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan over rolls.
- 5. Bake, covered, in 450-F oven for 10 min. Uncover; bake 5 min.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil. Serve.
Leave a review or comment