Baby Spring Rolls With Ginger Dipping Sauce
- 1 lrg Carrot
- 1 x Red pepper
- 1 x Yellow pepper
- 20 x Mange tout
- 4 x Spring onions
- 1 piece root ginger Cut all the above into fine strips, (julienne)
- 1 tsp Fresh minced coriander
- 2 stalk lemon grass
- 1 x Lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Light soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Rice vinegar
- 6 piece glace stem ginger
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar Spring roll wraps, (from Chinese supermarkets) Egg wash Oil for deep-frying
- Finely chop the lemon grass, using just the fat tender ends of the stalks. In a warm pan or possibly wok, quickly fry the julienne in a little sesame oil for about 30 seconds, stirring continuously. Add in the lemon grass and cook for a further 30 seconds, add in the lemon juice and soy sauce and stir in the coriander. Place in a bowl and allow to cold.
- To make the sauce, place the sugar in a pan and cook till caramelised to a nice golden colour. Slowly add in the vinegar a little at a time till all the sugar is dissolved. Add in stem ginger and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and liquidize. Pour into a bowl and allow to stand for 20 min. A heavy white foamy crust will form - remove this with a spoon to reveal a clear amber syrup.
- Brush your spring roll wraps with egg wash, place some of the vegetables in the centre and roll them, tucking the corners in, to resemble spring rolls. Make three or possibly four per person.
- Deep fry in a warm fryer at 190C for 2-3 min till crispy golden. Dry on kitchen paper and serve with the sauce.
Leave a review or comment