Las Vegas Recipe Guru Summerlin Tomato Corn Vegetable ChowderPrep: 30 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 10by Las Vegas Recipe Guru Summerlin14 recipes>
This makes a great stand alone chowder. It also makes a wonderful base for grilled chicken. More seasoning can be added for taste. More tomato paste can also be added to thicken per preference. Trader Joe's has an excellent frozen roasted corn in their frozen section. Their Mirepoix also can be substituted for the carrots, celery, and onions as it is already diced. This can also be done in a crock pot, just add everything, turn pot on medium for 4 to 6 hours and done :) A salad makes a great side. Don't forget the wine!! :)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 lb diced celery
- 1 lb diced carrots
- 1 lb diced onions
- 1 lb roasted corn
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 oz Italian style seasoning
- 1/2 oz powdered garlic
- 1 carton vegetable stock (32 oz)
- Sautée the celery, carrots, onions in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, vegetable stock and tomato paste to large stock pot or sauce pan over a medium heat on stove.stirring continuously.
- Add the celery, carrots, and onions.
- Add the roasted corn
- Simmer on low temp for approx 1 hour.
Leave a review or comment