Lamb and Lentil SaladPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Lamb and Lentil Salad is a delicious, easy and quick (1 hour) recipe for a fabulous meal. A good option for your Easter or Christmas dinner. Features ingredients: Oven-roasted rack of lamb, seasoned well, with an apple and lentil salad recipe included. It is also a healthy, low calories, low sodium, low carbohydrates, low sugars, diabetic friendly and Weight Watchers (7) PointsPlus recipe.
- 2 tbsp coarse dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1-1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 (1 1-1/2 lb) rack of lamb, (Frenched and trimmed)
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can lentils, rinsed, or 1-1/3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 Granny Smith, Jonathan, or
- other tart cooking apple, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth, or water
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar, or cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Mix breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoonof the black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add in lamb, meat-side down, and sear until browned, about 1-1/2 minutes. Turn it over and spread 2 teaspoons of the mustard over the meat. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the mustard. Transfer the lamb to the oven and roast until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 140° F., for medium-rare, )15 to 20 minutes). Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat (be careful: the handle will still be hot). Add in the shallots, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until starting to soften, (About 1 minute).
- Stir in the lentils, apples, celery, broth (or water), vinegar and the remaining 1 teaspoon mustard; bring to a lively simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is slightly reduced and the celery and apples are starting to soften, (About 4 minutes). Cut the lamb into 8 chops and serve over the lentils.
Leave a review or comment