Kuzu Kapama (Roast Lamb With Tomatoes And Potatoes)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 med Onions
- 3 x Garlic cloves
- 6 lrg Hard potatoes
- 4 x Parsley sprigs Salt Black pepper, freshly grnd
- 2 1/4 kg Leg of lamb Light stock
- Chop the onions, garlic and parsley finely. Peel and slice the potatoes and slice the tomatoes. Preheat the oven to 230C/450F/Gas 8. Liberally grease a large roasting pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix together the minced onions and 2/3 of the garlic. Sprinkle half the mix over the bottom of the roasting pan. Arrange the tomato and potato slices in an overlapping layer in the pan. Sprinkle generously with the minced parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the remaining onions and garlic mix over the top and pour over 4 Tbsp. of stock.
- Rub the leg of lamb with the remaining garlic and salt and pepper. Place the lamb on the bed of vegetables and put it in the oven. Immediately reduce the heat to 175C/350F/Gas 4 and roast the lamb for about 2 hrs (25 min to the lb.), basting it occasionnally with the stock.
- "Kuzu Kapama is a traditional dish eaten all over Turkey. Because few homes in the small towns and villages have ovens the dish is prepared in the morning, taken to the local bakery to be cooked and collected in the evening in time for dinner."
Leave a review or comment