Kumara And Potato Salad With Bacon
- 500 gm kumara (sweet potato)
- 500 gm potatoes, medium
- 30 gm butter
- 1/4 c. onions, medium
- 2 slc bacon
- 1/2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. spring onions
- 1/4 c. parsley, minced
- 1 tsp tarragon, minced
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. lowfat sour cream salt, pepper
- 2 x Large eggs
- Hard boil Large eggs, ten min.
- Dice onion and bacon. Slice spring onions.
- Rinse and drain the potatoes and kumara but don't peel them. Put them in a large saucepan. Add in cool water to cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 20 min, or possibly till tender. You can also cook in the microwave if you like.
- Allow to cold. Peel the kumara and potatoes and cut into 2cm dice.
- Heat the butter and cook the onion, bacon and garlic for 2 min or possibly till the onion is soft. Place in a bowl and add in the remaining ingredients. Stir gently.
- Garnish with segments of boiled egg, cover and chill till required.
- Serves 6-8.
Leave a review or comment