Kourambiethes (Greek Butter Cookies)Prep: 20 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 36by Kyle Dalakas101 recipes>
Kourambiethes or Greek Butter Cookies, are an easy, delicious and traditional Greek pastry.
- 1 Cup Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 Oz. Whiskey
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Additional Powdered Sugar for Rolling Cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter and the 4 Tablespoons of powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat in egg. Add whiskey, vanilla and almond extract. Beat well. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to mixture; stir in, do not beat. Dough should be soft but not sticky.
- Pinch off one inch balls of dough and shape into crescents. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Place cookies on wire rack and let cool for about 5 to 6 minutes. Roll in additional powdered sugar. This easy recipe makes 3 dozen cookies.
Leave a review or comment