Cream Cheese Butter Cookies
- Simple filled butter cookies with cream cheese
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 x egg yolk
- 4 ounce cream cheese raspberry jam*
- (1) Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Cream together the butter and sugar.
- 2. Add in the flour and egg yolk and mix well.
- 3. Add in the cream cheese and mix well.
- 4. Roll into balls about 5/8 inch in diameter. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet (the cookies do not grow when baked, so they can be somewhat close together). Then press your thumb into each to flatten it and make an indentation to hold some jam. Fill it with jam.
- 5. Bake at 350 deg. F for 15 to 20 min.
- You can use any flavor jam you like - strawberry jam, apricot preserves, blueberry preserves, raspberry preserves, etc. The jam is the only part of the cookie which has any texture, so I prefer using it to jelly.
- Do not eat the cookies straight from the oven, or possibly you'll probably burn your tongue. The jam stays hotter much longer than the cookie.
Leave a review or comment