Kiwi Jam ( Fridge Style )Servings: 1by Crunchy Creamy Sweet2 recipes>
Did you know that kiwi has more Vitamin C than an orange and the same amount of potassium as a banana? It is a great source of Vitamin E, antioxidants and high in fiber. Simply put - it's a super fruit! My kids love it! I decided to make the kiwi jam. It exceeded my expectations. It is perfectly balanced in flavor.Not too sweet, with the kiwi really coming through.
- 5 kiwi
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 c water
- 3 tsp cornstarch mixed in 1/4 c water or 2 tsp fruit pectin, freezer jam kind
- Cut each kiwi in half and scoop out the flesh with a teaspoon.
- Place all in a medium saucepan.
- Add lemon juice, sugar and water.
- Cook on medium heat until it boils.
- Add the cornstarch mix and stir. Cook 2 min.
- Take of the heat and cool in the saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a jar, put the lid on and place in the fridge.
- It will thicken up as it cools.
Leave a review or comment