Key Lime CheesecakePrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 10by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
My mom was always trying to find the perfect Key Lime Pie recipe. Though I know it's popular, I wasn't a fan of any that she made. Then she made this Key Lime Cheesecake and I fell in love with it! It's one of those special recipes that I'll be making for years to come. I've only made it with regular limes, but it's probably even better if key limes are sold near you. If you like cheesecake and tart desserts, you've got to give this a try!
- 22 squares graham crackers
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lime peel
- 3 egg whites, whipped
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped with 1 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- Fresh raspberries or other berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a blender and blend. Then press into the bottom and sides of a 81/2 x 9" spring form pan.
- Combine the first 5 filling ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and add the cream of tartar to form soft peaks. Fold this into the filling, and pour the combined ingredients into the crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F.
- Cool and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve with the whipped cream, fresh berries, or both!
Leave a review or comment