Keerai Kootu (Spinach Dhal Curry)Prep: 25 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
The taste is always fantastic - soft textured spinach and dhal drenched in creamy gravy with hints of spices.
- 1 cup dhal
- 1 bunch of spinach - remove roots and cut into pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5 garlic
- 5 shallots
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- Salt for taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3-4 sprigs curry leaves
- 2-3 dried red chilies - cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- Simmer dhal with turmeric and 2 cups of water till soft.
- Add shallots, garlic, spinach, spices and salt.
- Gently stir to combine the ingredients together.
- When spinach becomes soft, pour coconut milk and stir again.
- In another pan, heat oil and quickly fry the ingredients for tempering.
- Pour into the curry and give a good stir.
Leave a review or comment