Kaya MuffinsPrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 1by Christine104 recipes>
We've got kaya spread/coconut jam that was going to expire tomorrow so I used the leftover to make some muffins.
- 140gr Cake flour (or plain flour with a tad of baking powder), sifted
- 80gr Castor sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 75ml Liquid milk
- 40ml Melted unsalted butter
- 40ml Corn or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Kaya spread, for filling
- Mix together sifted flour with sugar. Set aside.
- Combine egg, milk, melted butter, oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl by using wooden spoon or balloon whisk.
- Pour the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Stir gently until just combined, do not over-mix. It is okay to have the muffin batter with some lumps.
- Spoon 1/3 of the muffin batter into the prepared muffin pans/cups already lined with muffin cases. Put 1-2 tsp kaya spread in the middle of each muffin cup, then put more muffin batter to fill about 80% of the muffin cups.
- Baked the muffins in a preheated oven for about 25-40 minutes, depending on the size of the muffin pans/cups used.
- Once done, leave the muffins in the pans/cups for 5 minutes then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
Leave a review or comment