Joy’s Smooth Ginger Cookies
This recipe will take 15 minutes of preparation, 12 minutes cooking time and ready to serve in 30 minutes. Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- ½ cup refined white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon water
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon refined white sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C. Sift the first six ingredients and set aside.
- Cream together the margarine and 1 cup refined white sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- In a separate container beat the egg with the water and molasses. Stir the sifted dry ingredients slowly into the molasses mixture. Make dough formed into small round size; roll them in 1 tablespoon white sugar.
- In an ungreased cookie sheet, put the shaped cookies at least 2 inches apart and lay them slightly flattened.
- Place the cookies on baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Before removing from baking sheet be sure to let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes to a wire rack.
- Keep cookies in an airtight container.
Leave a review or comment