Italian Sausage GoulashPrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Joanna Spray4 recipes>
Perfect goulash for those cold winter nights. Mild italian sausage brings the perfect flavor to the broth. Feel free to use fresh mushrooms, if you do, add them when you are browning the sausage.
- 1 lb mild italian sausage (ground or removed from casing)
- 1 - 7oz can diced green chilies
- 2- 13oz cans of sliced mushrooms (do not drain)
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1.5 cups thickly sliced celery
- 2 cups thickly sliced carrots
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Half medium onion, diced
- 8 cups beef stock (or use water and bullion cubes)
- In a large pot, brown the sausage, garlic and onion. I do not drain, I know, bad..but it adds so much flavor!
- Add all the ingredients listed.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 20 mins or until rice is cooked.
Leave a review or comment