Italian Red Wine CookiesPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 36by Evelyn Scott106 recipes>
These are so quick and easy you can bake them anytime, and people will think you spent all day just baking for them !!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the wine and oil. Mix with a large fork and then with your hands.
- Roll small pieces of dough between hands to make "logs" then shape into circles.
- The circles should be no bigger than the 2 inches in diameter.
- Roll cookies in extra sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until slightly brown.
- After cookies cool they should be hard and crisp.
Leave a review or comment