Italian MeatballsPrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 8by Salad Foodie391 recipes>
Years ago I had an Italian neighbor who became a close friend. I always commented on her delicious meatballs and one day she shared the recipe with me. I have made them ever since about the same way. You can vary the meats using what's on hand, but I usually select lean ground beef, turkey, chicken or lamb, with an equal amount of sausage; or 1 part beef with 1 part turkey sausage. The base recipe can be used with your favorite pasta sauce. Recently I served these meatballs with spinach ravioli and alfredo sauce and they were scrumptious!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound pork sausage (I prefer reduced-fat)
- 2/3 cup prepared Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used Grana Padano)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup finely minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Small amount cooking oil
- In large mixing bowl, measure the meats, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, onion, garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly until well combined. Form into 2-inch size balls.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick large skillet over medium heat (I use 2 separate skillets to get meatballs done at same time.)
- Cook meatballs until well browned, turning occasionally (approximately 15-20 minutes; I add a lid toward the end to steam through to centers.)
- Serve with spaghetti sauce or alfredo sauce.
Leave a review or comment