Italian Flag Roasted ChickenPrep: 5 min Cook: 2 hours Servings: 10by Smokinhotchef334 recipes>
This is another wonderful roasted chicken with a myriad of delectables stuffed under the skin and inside the bird itself. The name comes from the red sundried tomatoes, the white garlic and the choice selection of fresh green herbs blended with butter and distributed underneath the skin in delicious complex harmony. This is a quicker version of my usual roasted chickens
- 1 5 lb. chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 tbsp. salted butter
- 1/4 c. EACH fresh parsley and oregano, finely chopped
- 3 chives, finely chopped
- 5 sun-dried tomaotes packed in olive oil, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- rind of 1/2 lemon, no pith
- 1 large onion, quartered
- olive oil for drizzling
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Mix herbs, tomatoes, garlic and lemon juice with the butter. Season to taste.
- Fill chicken cavity with onion and lemon rind.
- Distribute herbed butter beneath the skin, careful not to tear skin. Spread down sides and legs as far as you can.
- Truss legs if desired.
- Drizzle bird with olive oil and rub all over.
- Place in dutch oven and bake for 2 hours. Let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Let juices cool in freezer and remove fat layer.
- Reheat and serve with chicken for maximum flavor.
Leave a review or comment