Irish Twice Stuffed PotatoPrep: 15 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 4by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Irish Twice Stuffed Potato is the ultimate in cheesy, creamy, buttery goodness. The crispy potato shell bursts with a meaty stuffing to make this one delicious meal that will send you over the pot of gold!
- 4 baking potatoes, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup Cheddar or Jack Cheese (or mixture), shredded, plus a little extra for the tops
- 1 cup corn beef chunks
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet. Rub them thoroughly with the olive oil, sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper then poke each with a fork several times on top. Bake for 1 hour, turning once during that time. Make sure they're sufficiently cooked through.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sour cream, heavy cream, seasoned salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add the green onions, cheese and corn beef chunks, stir well. Remove the potatoes from the oven when done and lower the heat to 350°F.
- Being careful of the “hot potato”, take a sharp knife and cut a slit along the top length of the potato. Scoop out the insides into the mixing bowl, being careful not to tear the shell. Leave a small rim of potato intact for support. Lay the hollowed out potato shells on the baking sheet.
- Stir the hot potatoes into the creamy mixture. Fill the potato shells with the filling using a spoon, heaping up the top. Top each potato with a little more grated cheese and place in the oven until the potato is warmed through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Leave a review or comment