Indian Potato, Kale and Ground Turkey Over RicePrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
This is an absolutely delicious and easy recipe that is hearty and flavorful but also healthy. It is excellent as a leftover lunch the next day, so make some extra along with some extra rice. You won't be disappointed!
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved (remove seeds for less heat) or 1 pablano pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 pound red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 5 -ounce package chopped kale (about 6 cups packed)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked white or brown rice, or 50/50 mix
- Puree all but 3 tablespoons cilantro with 1/2 cup water, the jalapeno, almonds and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender until smooth.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic and cumin and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water, the pureed cilantro mixture, the potatoes and kale. Cover and bring to a boil, then uncover and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes, stirring now and then. Season with salt and serve over the rice. Top with the reserved cilantro, stems removed.
Leave a review or comment