Indian Chicken SoupPrep: 25 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
made with chicken, potatoes, carrot, tomato and spices for that spicy, tangy and aromatic flavours.
- 400g/1/4 chicken - cut into bite sizes
- 2 potatoes - cut into medium size pieces
- 1 medium size carrot - cut into medium size pieces
- 1 tomato - sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 5 shallots - crushed
- 1/2 inch ginger - crushed
- Salt for taste
- (B) - Spices
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- Crushed black pepper - as needed
- 3 shallots - thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 star anize
- 3 cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves - sliced thinly
- Add all ingredients listed in A with enough water (about 1 litre) into a pot.
- Simmer to cook chicken, potato and tomato.
- Add spices and season with salt.
- Stir and keep in simmering over low heat.
- Fry shallots in 2 tbsp of oil till light brown in colour (ingredients C now).
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Quickly fry, tip into soup mixture and stir.
- Serve piping hot; either by itself or with rice.
Leave a review or comment