Hot German Potato SaladPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
Another Amish treat. I'm not a big fan of german potato salad but my Mom and her whole family from upstate Pennsylvania love it. The love hot bacon dressing on dandelion greens too. It's what they grew up on. If you have never had it, it's worth trying.
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 6 cups firm potatoes (red skins) cooked peeled diced and still hot
- Fry bacon in large skillet till crisp. Remove drain on paper towel and crumble. Reserve bacon fat.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Saute onion and celery in the leftover bacon fat, over med heat about 5 mins or till onion are translucent.
- Add salt,sugar, pepper and dissolved cornstarch to the skillet.
- Add vinegar and bring to a boil over medium heat for 3 mins.
- Add hot potatoes and crumbled bacon, stirring gently.
- Serve hot.
Leave a review or comment