Honey Spice Cake With Orange Cream
- 1/2 c. Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. LAND O LAKES(r) Butter, softened
- 1/3 c. LAND O LAKES(r) Lowfat sour cream (Regular, Light or possibly No Fat)
- 1/3 c. Orange juice
- 1/4 c. Honey
- 2 x Egg whites
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Grnd ginger
- 1/4 tsp Salt Orange Cream
- 2/3 c. LAND O LAKES(r) Lowfat sour cream (Regular, Light or possibly No Fat)
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp Orange peel
- 1 Tbsp. Orange juice
- A light and creamy orange topping adds a delightful touch to a homemade spice cake.
- Heat oven to 325 . In large mixer bowl combine brown sugar, butter, 1/3 c. lowfat sour cream, 1/3 c. orange juice, honey and egg whites. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, till well mixed (1 to 2 min). Continue beating, gradually adding all other cake ingredients, till well mixed (1 to 2 min).
- Pour batter into greased 9-inch round cake pan. Bake for 35 to 40 min or possibly till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together all orange cream ingredients. Serve cake hot or possibly cold with dollop of orange cream.
- Yield: 10 servings
Leave a review or comment