Honey Rosemary ChickenPrep: 20 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 8by Salad Foodie406 recipes>
I really liked the marinade/glaze and its rosemary and balsamic flavors. If preferred, substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs or other chicken parts (baking time for smaller or thicker pieces will need to be adjusted.) This recipe will lend itself to your busy schedule: (1) Marinate the chicken in fridge while you attend to other tasks, then (2) Pop it in the oven to bake while you prepare the sides and salad, or get back to your to-do's.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 3.5 pounds chicken breasts, bone-in (or select 3 pounds of boneless/skinless chicken breasts, thighs, etc.)
- In small bowl mix together honey, vinegar, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Measure half of marinade into a plastic zip-type bag; set aside the remaining half to use as a glaze or sauce after baking.
- Place chicken pieces into bag, seal, massage to distribute marinade evenly, and refrigerate for at least 1 or 2 hours, turning to coat occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drain and discard marinade in bag. Place chicken pieces (bone side down) on greased baking pan 13" x 9" or larger, as needed to accommodate chicken.
- Bake uncovered about 50-65 minutes (depending on chicken thickness.) Drizzle chicken with reserved marinade, and serve.
- YIELD: Serves 6-8. I made a HALF recipe using 3 boneless/skinless breasts (total weight 1.5 pounds) which served 4 easily.
Leave a review or comment