Homemade MarinaraPrep: 5 min Cook: 80 min Servings: 8by Robyn Savoie380 recipes>
This is a great marinara recipe made from garden fresh tomatoes. Since I don't have those year around I adapted a recipe found with home preserved tomatoes. This is fast, flavorful and my go to tomato sauce for pasta and mozzarella sticks.
- 1 Small Onion, Minced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Quart Stewed Tomatoes, Undrained Or
- 4 Cups Vine-Ripened Roma Tomatoes, Chopped
- 6 Oz. Can Roasted Garlic Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 Whole Bay Leaf
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in oil. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, salt, oregano, basil and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf from sauce; set aside. Remove sauce from heat and use a hand blender to puree sauce. Return to stove, add bay leaf and bring to a boil, simmer until thickened. Remove bay leaf and serve with favorite pasta.
- Yield: 2 1/2 - 3 Cups.
Leave a review or comment