Homemade Amish Pot Pie Squares (noodles)Prep: 25 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 6by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
Everytime I'm in Lancaster,PA I look forward to Bott Boi (chicken Pot Pie). Its not pot pie in a pie shell its a creamy chicken stew. It's a wonderful comfort food. My Grandmom's best friend Irene showed me how to make these noodles for pot pie, it simple and delicious. I make Bott Boi for my family often and I usually make chicken, but in the Amish will make a pot pie with any meats they have on hand (chicken, beef, pork, ham and even rabbit)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 lg eggs
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tbsp butter or veg shortening, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mound flour pastry board or your countertop make a well in the center.
- Beat the eggs into the well. Add water, butter and salt.
- Gradually work flour into the other ingredients with your hands until well blended. Gather dough into a ball.
- Knead dough until tender, smooth and elastic.
- Generously flour your work surface and roll out your dough very thin, no more than 1/8in thick. cut the dough into 2 -3 in squares.
- They dont have to be perfect.
- To cook:
- Drop into boiling pot pie broth, drop in 3-4 at a time, cooking for 2-3 mins before pushing them under the broth and adding the next batch. If you put them all in at one time it becomes thick and doughy. Cook noodles for 10-12 mins
Leave a review or comment