Home Made MarshmellowsPrep: 20 min Servings: 12by Monocot89 recipes>
Home Made marshmellows taste so Much better then bought and I made them Blue!!!
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon vanilla or other flavoring
- ½ to ¾ cup confectioner's sugar
- Spray a pan with Cooking spray.
- Put 1/4 Cup of warm water into a bowl of your stand up mixer. Add the Gelation. Set Aside.
- Pour the corn syrup, sugar, remaining water and vanilla into a pot. Bring to a boil. Let Simmer for one minute. Now would be the time to add food coloring... I added Blue.
- With the Whisk attachment. Turn your mixer onto a high Speed. Slowly pour your warm Sugar mix into the gelatin mix. Let Mix/Blend until Light and fluffy! It will Turn white as it mixes. if it has no food coloring.
- Pour into the sprayed pan. Let sit for at least two Hours. or More.
- ightly Sprinkle the top with icing sugar
- Use a table knife or spatula to loosen the sides, then overturn onto a plate and tap the bottom. You may have to tap quite insistently. When the square of marshmallow has dropped onto the plate, use a sharp knife, preferably with a blade 8 inches long, and cut in four parts and again at right angles to obtain 16 cubes of marshmallow. Dredge each marshmallow in confectioner's sugar to prevent stickiness and arrange on a serving plate; or on wax paper in a sealable container. Will keep for at least 1 week.
- Orange Blossom Marshmallows: Replace the vanilla with orange blossom water.
- Butterscotch Marshmallows: Replace the corn syrup with Lyle's Golden Syrup and optionally add a drop or two of butterscotch extract at the end.
Leave a review or comment