Holiday Cranberry Cheese PiePrep: 10 min Servings: 8by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
This has become a family favorite for holidays. I found it in a Taste of Home cookbook. I have changed the recipe to be more diabetic friendly. The original recipe calls for sugar in both layers and I use Splenda in place of sugar and for the jello I use sugar free gelatin. But use sugar if you like.
- 1 baked 9" deep dish pie shell
- Cranberry Topping:
- 1 3oz package sugar free raspberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup Splenda
- 1 1/4 cups Cranberry Juice
- 1 can 8oz jellied cranberry sauce
- Cheese Filling:
- 1 3oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cool whip
- Bake your pie shell according to package directions and set aside to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl mix gelatin and Splenda, set aside.
- In saucepan boil cranberry juice, remove from heat and pour over the splenda gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve. Stir in cranberry sauce until smooth. Chill until slightly thickened.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese, splenda, milk and vanilla until well mixed and fluffy. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly into the cooled pie shell.
- Beat chilled cranberry topping until frothy: pour over the cheese layer.
- Chill for at least 6 hours.
Leave a review or comment