Hokkien Mee (Seafood)Prep: 45 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 3by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Yellow noodles soaked up in soy sauce and served with a belacan/shrimp paste sauce/dip.
- 200g yellow mee
- 30g sotong/squid (cleaned and sliced into round rings)
- 8 medium size prawns (remove heads and veins, leave the tail on)
- 1 small (20g) fish cake (sliced)
- 5 pips garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour (mix with some water)
- 1 handful cabbage leaves (blanched in hot water for 2-3 mins)
- Dipping Sauce:
- 2 pips garlic (chopped)
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tbsp blended dried red chillies
- 1/2 tsp belacan/shrimp powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Pinch of salt
- Fry all ingredients in oil till aromatic.
- Heat oil and fry garlic, squid, prawns and sliced fish cakes for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add mee, light and dark sauce, pepper and water.
- Season with salt (just a bit please).
- Keep stirring until all ingredients are incorporated and mee is cooked.
- Pour cornflour mixture and quickly stir.
- Arrange blanched cabbage on a serving plate and add fried mee on top.
- Serve with dipping sauce and kalamansi lime.
Leave a review or comment