HERBED BEEF ROAST IN MICROWAVEPrep: 30 min Cook: 20-25 min Servings: 4by Renu Guru167 recipes>
A succulent roast is hard to beat.It gives the impression of a special-occasion meal without the hard work so often associated with such events.With this recipe you'll find yourself preparing roast meals more often and with great success!.
- 1 lean boneless sirloin or topside roast
- 1 1/2 cups fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 stick celery,chopped
- 4 spring onions,chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts,chopped
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter,melted
- 1/4 cup mixed herbs
- 8-12 medium yellow baby squash
- 3-4 zucchini,cut into strips
- Trim roast of any fat.Cut pocket in roast.Fill with the combined breadcrumbs,celery,spring onions,pine nuts,dill,mint and butter.Coat with mixed herbs.Weigh to calculate cooking time.Place the roast on a microwave - safe rack in a microwave - safe dish.Insert a microwave - safe meat thermometer itno thickest part of beef.
- Cook on HIGH ( 100%) 10 mins,then MEDIUM HIGH(70%) for remainder of the time,allowing 10 mins per 500 gm for rare(50 c),11 mins for medium(55 C),or 13 mins for well done (65 C). Turn half way through cooking.Allow the beef to stand,covered ,10 mins or depending on the degree of cooking you like your meat to have,leave until thermometer reaches 55 -60 C to 65 -75 C.
- Meanwhile steam squash and zucchini for 5-6 mins.
- Serve sliced roast with juices and the steamed vegetables
Leave a review or comment