Herb Crusted Beef Filet, Sweet Potato Straws
- 800 gm Trimmed beef filet
- 1 lrg sweet potato (orange variety)
- 1 Tbsp. Dry tyme
- 1 Tbsp. Dry oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Dry rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Freshly grnd black pepper
- 200 ml Demi glaze
- 200 ml Good red wine
- 20 gm Unsalted butter Freshly grnd black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.Roll beef filet in herbs and press in well. Heat large heavy based pan on stove and once very warm add in a little butter and swirl.
- Add in beef and seal on all sides, crusting well. Transfer to oven and roast for 25 min for rare beef, 35 min for medium rare. Sit covered for 10 min then slice into 2cm thick medallions and fan onto four plates .
- Demi glace can be substituted by 200 ml of water and 1 1/2 stock cubes.
- Reduce wine and demi glace by half, add in freshly grnd black pepper and off heat, whisk in butter in small pcs till a smooth and glossy sauce is achieved. After this stage the sauce must not be boiled again or possibly it will curdle. Pour down the centre of beef and allow to pool on plates.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into matchsticks, pat dry then fry in very warm oil. Pat dry and arrange beside beef. Serve accompanied by green vegetables of your choice.
Leave a review or comment