Healthy Veggie FajitasPrep: 15 min Cook: 8 min Servings: 6by Lyndsey12 recipes>
This is one of those dishes I like to just whip up for dinner. It's kind of like a Mexican stir fry. You can add meat if you want to. I usually useingredients I have on hand. Serve with black beans for a healthy, high protein meal.
- 2 Zucchini's
- 1 package of pre-sliced mushrooms (white or crimini)
- 1/2 onion (red, white or whatever you have)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro (whole leaves)
- 1 tablespoon of good olive oil
- whole wheat tortillas
- Start by pre-heating a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Set oven on lowest temp and throw some tortillas in there.
- Slice the onion and mince garlic
- Add olive oil to the pan and add onion.
- While onion cooks, slice whole zucchini so that you have thin round pieces.
- Check on tortillas. Make sure you flip them and don't overcook. You just want them heated through.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini to the pan. Cook until tender, about 6 min.
- Squeeze in lime juice
- Add garlic, cumin the last two min.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put some of the veggie mixture on a tortilla and garnish with cilantro.
- You can always add sour cream, cheese or anything else (for a less healthy version).
Leave a review or comment