Healthy Lemon Chicken SaladPrep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 3by Kyle Dalakas101 recipes>
Healthy Lemon Chicken Salad is a simple, delicious, low fat meal idea. Ready in just 20 minutes and packed with lean protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, this is a great dinner for a busy weeknight!
- 3 Large Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 5 Cups Lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 8 Multi Colored Sweet Peppers, cut into strips
- 1 Can Large Black Olives, 6 oz.
- 1 Can Black Beans, 15.25 oz., drained
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Heat oven to broil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and spices.
- Add chicken breasts and turn to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place on broiler pan and broil 5 to 6 minutes per side, basting with extra marinade, until lightly browned and meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 180 degrees. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Rinse lettuce and tear into bite sized pieces. My go to lettuce is typically endive or leaf lettuce, but you can use any. Drain and place in large bowl.
- Rinse and clean peppers. Cut into thin slices and add to bowl.
- Add dried cranberries.
- Drain olives and add to the bowl.
- Drain black beans and add to bowl.
- Cut chicken into 1″ cubes and add to bowl.
- Toss and serve with dressing of your choice.
- 2 to 3 Large Servings
Leave a review or comment