Hawaiian Crest SalsaPrep: 10 min Servings: 4by Smokinhotchef371 recipes>
I came up with this recipe at the spur of the moment to accompany the shrimp recipe I was preparing for a late lunch get-together with several of my sisters and my brother Ken. I had just visited the supermarket, so I had lots of fresh ingredients on hand. My sister Gayle said this recipe reminded her of Hawaii and crisp freshness along with the vibrant colors, hence the name. In retrospect, I can see the tawny glow of a beautiful beginning or ending of a tropical paradise day. I marvel at the ebb and flow of the vibrant waves, as they crest and fall against the warm sandy shoreline underneath my feet!
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 ripe mango, chopped, juices reserved
- 4 radishes, grated
- 1/4 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sherry
- 1 tbsp. honey
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Place vegetables and mango with juices in medium bowl. In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients and blend well. Pour over ingredients in larger bowl. . Fold together with spatula until vegetables and fruit are well coated. Season to taste. Refrigerate and allow flavors 10 minutes to marry.
Leave a review or comment