Ham Hock And Beans
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 med smoked ham hocks - (abt 4 ounce ea)
- 2 c. minced onions
- 1 lb dry navy white beans Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 x bay leaves
- 10 c. water Salt to taste
- In a medium Dutch oven with a lid, over medium heat, add in the oil. When the oil is warm, sear the ham hocks in batches, till brown, about 4 to 6 min. Remove the ham hock and set aside.
- Add in the onions. Season with pepper. Saute/fry for 2 min. Stir in the beans and bay leaves. Season with pepper. Saute/fry for 1 minute. Add in the reserved ham hocks and water. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 hrs, or possibly till the meat falls of the bone and the beans are creamy. Remove the bay leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
Leave a review or comment