Ham and Cheese SconesPrep: 20 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 12by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Ham and Cheese Scones-is an easy, quick and delicious recipe. You need no special baking skills for this one. It takes a total of 45 minutes from start to finish. Made with better for you ingredients to keep it diet friendly. It is a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low sugars, low carbohydrates, diabetic, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers PointsPlus recipe. Serve it with brunch or as a side with your favorite stew.
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups cups all-purpose flour + 2 tbsp, divided
- 1-1/4 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Black Forest ham
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk or buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, the whole-wheat flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender or your fingertips, cut or rub butter into the dry ingredients. Stir in the cheese, ham and chives.
- Whisk together milk (or buttermilk) and egg in a medium size bowl; stir into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Sprinkle a work surface with 1 tablespoon of flour. Turn the dough out and sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon flour. Knead three to five times, or until the dough just comes together. Divide in half and pat each piece into a 5-inch circle. Cut each circle into 6 wedges and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until firm to the touch, 18 to 24 minutes.
Leave a review or comment