I am always looking for more soup recipes as my kids love it, thank you! In order to make it more nutritious, I add a few slices of jamon iberico de bellota - aka iberico ham or pata negra- thinly cut. Because iberico has a strong and delicious flavor you do not need much, only 50 grams or 1.8 OZ for four people added once the soup is finished.
You can buy online jamon iberico, visit BuyJamon.com
BuyJamon.com the market place for iberico ham.</a>
Ham And Bean Soup
- 2 c. Dired Beans, Any Type You Like, Tablespoons
- 1 c. Ham, Diced
- 1 x Ham Bone
- 1 pkt Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning, Or possibly Your Fav Spices Water To Cover
- 1 med Carrot, Minced
- 1 med Onion (Instead Of Dry Onion Pack), Diced
- 1 stalk Celery, Minced
- 1 med Green Pepper, Minced
- Either Soak over night, or possibly rince well the beans. If you don't soak beans, cook on high for 2 hrs, then lower to low for 3-4 or possibly till beans are done. To mix, add in beans, ham, onion soup mix, and seasoning. Add in vegetables. Add in water to cover and let simer on low for 7-8 hrs on low
- (or possibly see above). Stir occasionally.
Leave a review or comment