I'm going to make some sandwiches with this recipe, because I LOVE corned beef.
Grub Rubbed and Smoked Corned Beef BrisketPrep: 6 hours Cook: 7 hours Servings: 12by Smokinhotchef313 recipes>
This recipe turned out fabulous even though I used a corned beef brisket instead of the traditional brisket. I created a wonderful spice blend especially for grilled meats and coined it Neillio's Grub Rub. Let the brisket marinate in the rub for 1/2 day to 24 hours. I used both the grill and the oven for this recipe and feel great about it. That way I could smoke the brisket one evening and finish it off for before mealtime the next day! This method made more sense for my schedule. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I did. I also served this brisket with a warm Asian Slaw that worked magnificently.
- 1 4 lb. corned beef brisket
- Neillio's Grub Rub
- olive oil for drizzling
- NEILLIO'S GRUB RUB
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 soft beef bouillon cube
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Combine all the above ingredients until well blended. Taste to make sure.
- Rinse and pat brisket dry.
- Sprinkle brisket with 2 tbsp. and up to 3 tbsp. of spice blend and drizzle with olive oil. rub brisket vigorously and place in large resealable bag, pressing out excess air. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
- When ready, place on hot grill with desired smoking medium and sear on both sides over direct coals.
- When both sides are nicely seared, smoke using indirect heat for 4 hours.
- Remove from grill and wrap tightly with heavy duty foil and finish in oven at 350*F in a cast iron skillet, with a about 1 cup of water. bake until fork tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
- Let rest before cutting, about 15 minutes. Serve with favorite BBQ sauce.
Leave a review or comment