Grilled Shrimp Cocktail With Horseradish Cream Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp - (abt 20 shrimp) deveined, and peel intact
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 x lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 c. plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. prepared horseradish
- 1/2 c. half-and-half or possibly light cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper sauce (or possibly 1/4 tspn cayenne pepper)
- 1 c. lowfat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley for garnish
- 4 x Romaine heart leaves
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Loosen shells of shrimp and butterfly them cutting down the devein line of the back of the shrimp. Toss shrimp with 1 tsp. coarse salt. Combine melted butter with lemon juice and zest. Using a pastry brush, cover shrimps with lemon butter and set on warm grill. Grill shrimp 3 to 4 min on each side, till pink and hard.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, horseradish, cream and salt. Let the cream soak into the bread crumbs 2 min. Loosen bread crumbs with a fork. Stir in cayenne sauce or possibly cayenne and combine with lowfat sour cream. Spoon equal amounts of sauce into ramekins on individual plates or possibly a dip bowl in the center or possibly 1 large platter.
- Arrange 5 grilled shrimp down the center of 1 leaf of romaine lettuce. Serve shrimp with seafood forks alongside dipping sauce.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment