Grilled Smoked Trout With Horseradish Cream And Cucumber Sa
- 2 c. Water
- 1 x Lemon, juice of
- 5 x Cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 x Cloves shallot, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Minced dill
- 6 x Boneless rainbow trout, (12 oz)
- 1 c. Cr`eme fraiche
- 1/2 c. Horseradish, (liquid removed)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Minced dill
- 1 tsp Lemon juice Salt, pepper
- 1/2 c. Rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. Lemon-lime juice
- 2/3 c. Fish sauce, (optional)
- 1/2 c. Vegetable oil
- 1 sm Onion, diced
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 5 x Cloves garlic, chopped Cucumber, carrot, radicchio, mint (minced)
- Mix the brine ingredients. Pour over the trout. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hrs. Smoke trout in covered grill for 25 min at 250-300 degrees.
- Grilling instructions:You must have a grill with a tight-fitting lid to make this technique work.
- Start by soaking wood chips in water for several hrs. Build a charcoal fire in only half of your grill. Place a shallow pan of water in the other half of the grill. When the fire is glowing and ready for cooking, scatter wet wood chips on top of the coals; this should produce lots of smoke.
- Place the fish on grill directly over the pan of water. Put the lid on grill to trap the smoke inside. Using this cooking method, trout will be finished cooking in about 25 min. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Let set overnight.
- To make cr`eme fraiche:Combine 1 c. whipping cream and 2 Tbsp. buttermilk in a glass container. Cover and let stand at room temperature from 8 to 24 hrs, or possibly till very thick. Stir well before covering and chill up to 10 days.
- Note: Cr`eme fraiche directions from The Food Lover's Companion: Barron's
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. Cut cucumber, carrot, radicchio into thin strips. Toss with dressing. Add in minced mint.
- Note: If fish sauce isnot available in your supermarket, look for it in Asian or possibly specialty stores.
Leave a review or comment