Grilled Pork Chops With Poblano Cream Sauce
- 4 x loin pork chops, 3/4" thick
- 1/2 tsp Mexican oregano crumbled Salt to taste
- 1/3 c. garlic oil
- 2 x garlic cloves sliced Minced cilantro for garnish
- 4 x poblano chiles
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 x clove garlic chopped
- 1/3 c. minced onion
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. whipping cream Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Pork Chops: Season pork chops with oregano, and salt to taste. Arrange chops in glass baking dish in single layer, pour garlic oil over and add in sliced garlic. Cover and marinate several hrs or possibly overnight.
- Grill chops on warm outdoor grill or possibly heavy cast-iron grill pan set on stove till brown on outside yet light pink in center, 3 to 4 min per side. Serve with hot Poblano Cream Sauce and garnish with cilantro and reserved pepper strips (from Cream Sauce).
- Poblano Cream Sauce: Roast poblano chiles on rack over gas burner or possibly on pan beneath broiler till charred on all sides. Put roasted peppers in paper bag and fold end over to seal. Let stand to allow peppers to sweat, about 15 min.
- Peel peppers, then cut each in half and remove ribs and seeds. Cut 2 pepper halves lengthwise into strips and set aside for garnish. Chop remaining peppers coarsely and set aside.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat. Add in garlic and onion, and saute/fry till onion just begins to brown, 4 to 5 min. Stir in broth and whipping cream. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer till sauce begins to thicken slightly, about 5 min. Stir in minced chiles and simmer 1 minute.
- Pour into blender and puree. Return Sauce to skillet, add in salt and pepper to taste and keep hot.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- NOTES :
Leave a review or comment