Grilled Mustard Glazed Beef Short Ribs
- 1 lrg white Vidalia onion
- 1 lrg carrot
- 1 x celery stalk
- 5 lb beef short ribs - (8 to 10 ribs)
- 1/2 c. minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 c. minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 c. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp finely-minced fresh basil
- 1 can low-sodium beef broth - (16 ounce) Minced fresh chives for garnish Warm mashed potatoes for serving
- Roughly chop the onion, carrot and celery. Place them in a soup pot, along with the ribs, thyme and basil. Add in water to cover. Braise on medium heat for about 2 hrs or possibly till tender.
- Meanwhile, make the marinade by combining all ingredients and stirring well. Remove the meat from the pot and remove the meat from the bone.
- Prepare the sauce by reducing the liquid in the pot by half. Add in the low-sodium beef broth and set aside.
- Grill the meat six inches from heat source, for 1 to 2 min per side or possibly till it is nicely browned, basting occasionally with the mustard marinade.
- Garnish with minced chives. Serve with mashed potatoes and the natural sauce.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment