Grilled Mackerel In Banana Leaf And Yogurt SaucePrep: 5 hours Cook: 25 min Servings: 2by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Absolutely tasty; nice aroma, lathered with chilli and turmeric powder and paired with yogurt-shallot-coriander dip.
- 2 pieces mackerel/tenggiri (abt 400g)
- 2 pieces banana leaves ( big enough to wrap the fishes)
- 1/tsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- 1 tbsp plain chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Dipping sauce:
- 100g (about 2 tbsp) yogurt
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 1 stalk coriander leaf (shredded)
- A pinch of salt
- (Mix all together)
- Marinate the fish at least for 5-6 hours with all the ingredients except the oil.
- Leave it in the fridge and bring out only before grilling.
- Wrap individually into two separate parcels with banana leaves.
- Place on heated grill and drizzle oil over.
- Let it cook over low heat.
- In between, press with spatula over the wrapped fish.
- Cook on both sides till leaves are brown and crispy.
- Test; gently poke fish with a fork.
- If fork comes out clean, it's done.
- Remove from grill and serve with the yogurt sauce.
Leave a review or comment